Sunday, November 13, 2011

I'm Baaaaack!!!!

I used to write a blog. Now I'm just a person who used to write a blog. It's been a while, but my feeling is that "updates" are overrated, writing for writing's sake is just bad writing, and blogging just to look diligent and "connected" is contrived. And, let's face it, no one's life is that interesting. Even Kim Kardashian had to have a $20 million wedding to look interesting.
So, I got a job. Glare at a computer for 10 hours a day and sit on my soon-to-be cellulite ass for 2 hours a day commuting to said job. I get home, raid the fridge like a 15 year old bulimic. catch up with the sig-other for about an hour, scrape the day's makeup off my face, collapse into bed, take half a pill, "read" about a page and surrender.
I have to be at work at 7am. I live in Reno and work in Truckee. Here are the bad things about that:
-Getting dressed by the light of your cell phone so you don't wake up the house; SUX.
-Leaving the warmest, most cozy body on the planet without saying goodbye for the day; SUX.
-Sharing I-80 with nothing but semis and NHP SUX.
-It's so dark and early and cold, even my dog blows me off that early.
-Any chance of getting my meditation done in the morning is SHOT because my mind is still trying to grasp the fact that it's supposed to be awake.
Here are the most awesome things about that:
-Chasing the Moon west, telling it goodnight, and wishing I could wrap my arms around its glowing, guiding self; ROX.
-The heater in my car works; that ROX.
-Listening to miraculous teachings on my IPod, thanks to the same miraculous technology that I simultaneous curse, I have to admit; ROX.
I drive, I work; fear, sleep, long for sleep, love, yet long for love, seek, save, spend, question. I'm here, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment